Friday, January 25, 2008

WHAT IMMIGRANTS HAVE TO SUFFER

On December of 2007 my family and I had an awful time. My uncle Jacinto had to go to Mexico. His grandmother, which for him was his mother because she raised him, was in critical conditions.

After spending twenty two days with her, she got better so he decided to come back to his family that stayed at Colorado Springs,Colorado. Jacinto had to come like other immigrants. When he arrived at the border of Nogales, Arizona Jacinto contacted His wife Hortencia and told her he was OK. Jacinto told her that he will be calling her before he tried to cross the border.

The days passed by and he didn't call. Hortencia and the rest of the family started to get worried and despairs. It was already five days we didn't know anything about my uncle Jacinto. On the sixth day most of the family was at Hortensia's house when the phone rang.

Every body stayed quiet. Hortencia answered. It was this guy saying he was the coyote that he had kidnapped Jacinto and he wanted six thousand dollars and if we didn't pay the money he was going to torture him and then he was going to kill him. The guy was calling two to three times a day. At first we thought it was the truth so we asked the coyote we wanted to talk to Jacinto, but he always refused to let us talk to him.

After talking to the kidnapper we started getting clues. Every time this guy called he said something different.

We decided I was going to fly to Nogales, Arizona to see If I could get any information about Jacinto. There we were when the phone rang. It was Jacinto saying he was ok. He was already at Phoenix, Arizona. We all started crying of happiness because he was alive.

At the end when he arrived to Colorado we had to give him the bad news that his grandmother passed away.

After living this experience I think life is too short. We need to appreciate what we have and always live the days like it's the last one...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very sad story, I feel sorry for you and your family, although all that bad things happenned with your uncle Jacinto it was good that he could go and see his grandmother before she was gone. It is something that I will do too.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the awful moment that your family and you experienced, but it passted and the good think was that all family learn many things of that awful moment.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What terrible moment for you and your family. But GOD is great and your uncle is fine. Some people are bad, and without scruples. But that people early will stay in the jail.

Anonymous said...

What an awful experience, and sad for your uncle that his grandmother passed away. When I was reading your story I felt like I was there waiting with you for news of your uncle.

Anonymous said...

Lucia, when I read your story I feel sad because almost all the inmigrants had a similar experience crossing the board.

Anonymous said...

Lucia, when I read your story I feel sad because almost all the inmigrants had a similar experience crossing the board.

Anonymous said...

Lucia, your story is kind of frustrating, because when something like that happens, we don't know how to act or what to do, I am glad your uncle is okay.

Anonymous said...

This is a story very sad, because I know how you and your family feel. It is a story that we heard every day with other immigrants, they try to stay better when they come here. Sometimes it is bad.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your uncle, but now he's better, this is the story for all the people try to came to US...

Anonymous said...

When things like that happen it's
when we apreciate life more and
in those moments, we can say thanks GOD for anything we have.