Friday, January 25, 2008

Unforgettable Moments

My son and I came to USA from Mexico and brought a special blanket. This was a beautiful gift from his grandmother. Then it was very important that I brought it because helped my son feeling better in the time of journey. At that moment my son was eight months old.

Now I have other son who uses the blanket. Sometimes he said me, "Mom, this blanket was Obed's but now it's mine". Before the blanket was new, with radiant colors and a little thick. Today it's of light colors and thin. Nowadays my children sometimes fight to use it.

Some things that apparently are simple things finally are the best things and make better moments.

8 comments:

the beginning writers said...

Hi, I don't have a blanket but I have a pilllow, I have with this pillow 23 years, and I can't sleep if I don't have my pilow with me, my little daughter has a blanket, she needs his blanket for sleep. I know what you are written.

the beginning writers said...

Hi,what you wrote is cute, it sounds neat. My daughter has a blanquet and she goes everywhere with it. So I know what are you taking about, but it is strange because i have a son also and he really doesn't care about any blanquet.

Anonymous said...

I forget to put may name in my comment to you, is the first one about the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Nice story. Well keep the blanket for the next baby I think he/she will like it too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Araceli,my old son has a blanket like you, my mom gave him when he borned in Mexico too. I brought with us when I came to United Stated. Now when in my husband family born a baby I borrow the blanket of my son. Is a tradition now.

Anonymous said...

I think blanquets are inportant too little kids or enething they get atach to. My jongest son has his blanquet sens hi was born and he is five years old now.

Anonymous said...

Hi,I really appreciate csreful people.Good job.

Anonymous said...

Your story is really lovely. It reminds me of a special blanket my grandmother crocheted for me, which I still have, and it reminds me of her.