Friday, January 25, 2008

My Favorite Place

When I was a child I just had a favorite place where I enjoyed to hide myself. That special place was under the sink in the laundry room.

We lived in the 3rd floor in a creepy old building in Lima, Peru. The 3rd floor was the top of the building. It only had 2 bedrooms, a small living room, a bathroom, a little kitchen, but a large laundry room with no ceiling on it. Only old people were living in there, my siblings and I were there only kids in the whole building. We were not supposed to make too much noise. Then nobody complains.

One day, when I was 5 years old, I got in trouble with Mom, because I didn't want to get dress change. I was supposed to take a shower and wear another dress. However, it was something that I didn't want to do. I was very obstinate, when I didn't want something and I still am. At that time, I was so upset and I just wanted to disappear. I ran out to the laundry room. Then I saw that under the sink was a good place to stay in for a while. Everything there had the clorox odor. Nevertheless, that place was so special for me. I just went there anytime, especially when I was in trouble with Mom or Dad. I enjoyed being there playing with my puzzles all the time.

Later on my brother saw me what I was doing under the sink and he wanted to stay with me. However, the place wasn't big enough for both. Besides that, he made too much noise.

Finally, I got discontented because I felt that it wasn't my place anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mary, I think you story is wonderfull, and unforgettable for you, and whoever reads it is going to be something that makes as remember our childhood.

Anonymous said...

Maria, thank you for your comment, I know you forget to put your name in my story, I readed your story, your favorite place is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Maria....I really like your story. Secret places are wonderful for children...when I was a kid, I had two - under our front porch where it was always cool and up in a tree where I believed the fairies lived. Thanks for sharing your memory so well.