Friday, January 25, 2008

MY FAMILY TRADITION

When I was a child, I learned so many things about my family tradition. I was told about many things that I could not do. My parents and grandparents told me not to eat fish and animals and not to worship idols instead of GOD who created the universe. But, when I grew bigger I noticed that my family tradition / some other tradition was killing me slowly, but I proved everything to be false. Now that I know that I am supposed to eat fish, some animals for meat and worship GOD who made me instead of idols. And also proved that tradition is not a good thing; it is a man's opinion to confuse mankind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is true.... as we grow older, we begin to think for ourselves. The things our parents teach us are important, but that doesn't mean that we have to accept and believe in what they do.

Anonymous said...

Your story reminds me of when I was growing up. I learned that God loved me, but I also learned to be afraid of breaking the rules, and of hell. Now I know that God is love.

Anonymous said...

I total agree with you, it isn't bad what we eat, insted what we do.

Also I do remember a old proverb
saying: "The things goes into the mouth of the men isn't bad, but
some things the men said are bad".

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think your comment is so important because many people want to impose your ideas, but in this times everybody had freedom to decide what is better for us.

Anonymous said...

I am agree about what you say, every family tradition have some wrong things what sound stupid.

My family teach me the catolic religion, but I don't like things about they believe.

When I grow up I leard to don't believe in religion, but I belive in God.

Anonymous said...

In my case when I was little my mom everytime told me we are Catholics, but we just went to the church in specials days, so when I grow up, I decide to go everytime. I still Catholic and I learn we need to pray in the difficult times and say thank you to GOD in the happy times.