Friday, February 15, 2008

THE RIGHT TO VOTE


On February 4th, I went to Denver for my citizenship interview, and I passed the test. I decided to be a Citizen of the USA, because I want the most important right for the US citizens, the right to vote. We have elections in November for the US President. I'm sooooo excited for this moment, it is the first time I will vote. I like Hillary Clinton and I hope a woman will be a President for the most important country of the world. This is amazing, but she needs delegates to be a candidate of Democratic Party. I'm waiting my Oath Ceremony for to obtain my Certificate of Naturalizacion, and later register to vote. I like to be a Citizen of the USA.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Ofelia. You are a new American Citizen, that's good for you and your family. I don't like the politic but I'm think is an obligation and right for all the citizens in all the countries, I think we have the decision to give to the vote power to making changes.

mumacita said...

Ofelia. Thanks for reminding me how lucky we are to be able to vote. Your story was simple and inspiring. Congratulations on becoming an American citizen.

Anonymous said...

Ofelia - Congratulations! Although there are many things about the US that we complain about, we at least have the power to do something about them if we wish to do so. I believe this is one of the most basic concepts of government and one that everyone should have - however the citizens of many countries do not. Use your vote wisely. It is one of the most precious things you will ever own. You have every right to be very proud of your new citizenship. Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ofelia!
My daughter in law is from Korea and she became a citizen last year too. We need new citizens who think, like you and Young Ok.
I agree with you about Mrs. Clinton. This Saturday, I will go to the El Paso County Assembly for Democrats as a representative for her.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ofelia is good for you, because in your vote your will be talking for all people that wish to vote, but they can't do it. Dont't let it go this big oportunity of vote.

John Tenny, Ph.D. said...

Hi. I'm 68 years old and my mother was 18 years old when women in the United States first got the right to vote. She never missed voting in an election her entire life except for once when she was giving birth to my sister. She lived to be 85 years old so she voted lots of times.
And Ofelia, I was your teacher's teacher when she went to school in Oregon. You are lucky to have her for a friend and teacher.
Peace, John