Friday, February 15, 2008

HOW THE GOVERNMENT IS UNFAIR


Some day I heard in the news something about the proposal to get an extra bonus from the IRS. For everybody to apply with the requirements, they said they don't care if the people have a S.S. or ITIN number,"if the people report tax, they can take the bonus".

After that the proposal was approved, but just for the people who had a S.S. and not for everybody.

I know many people who don't have a S.S., but they report tax. My opinion is everytime the government leaves the immigrants who work hard and report tax out, they should receive a refund. The government does bad things with the immigrant people.

It's why many immigrant people who came to work hard don't report tax because the government is very unfair.

It's why I don't care who wins the presidency, because everybody is the same.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many people don't have SS..but all people report tax to IRS, and I think all have the right to this money, with any status.

Anonymous said...

Karla, I think the same than you because we are working hard, and I think we need had same rights or privilegius. Many people immigrate to other countries to better life and we working hard for that.

Anonymous said...

Your post inspired me to do some research on this. Yes, the "stimulus refund" as it is being called, will not be available to people without a SSN.

I also read that if you are married, and one of you has a SSN but the other has an ITIN number, and you filed your income tax jointly, then NEITHER of you will get the refund! This seems preposterous to me.

This refund is supposed to be a stimulus to the economy, but I read that most people will just use it to pay down debt or they will save it, so it's probably not even going to have the effect of stimulating the economy that the government hopes it will.

Anyway, thanks for enlightening me about an issue I didn't know anything about.

Kirsten said...

I like the picture you used for your post, because it shows people coming together to stand up for their rights. And you're doing this too by writing about it.

Anonymous said...

Karla, you are right but unfortunately for that people those are the rules in this country, and I am thinking not to vote because there is too many things that are unfair, and I don't like.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla
One day we are going to have more oportunities like other have, and other new emigrants are going to be firing for their rights.

Anonymous said...

Dear Karla; You're right! I don't understand some people who only want your vote and next forgot everything :0

Anonymous said...

Karla I agree with you. I didn't know that in the marrige if one has an ITIN and the other one has a SS nobody gets the "stimulus refund". Nobody gets it not even the kids. That makes me really upset, because not even we get it for our kids that are U.S. Citizens. I think that people should still vote because it is important to fight for our rights. If you don't then I guess thats why they dont put so much effort to do things for people with Immigrant status. So its not that thats why your not going to vote yes vote for the one you think is best or fits best with what they are running for.