Friday, October 26, 2007

Katrina

I had heard about the hurricanes season in Florida. The hurricanes are part of the lifestyle of people here. They take safety precautions days before the storm. They buy food, water, gas, and batteries. The students and workers stop their activities. Why did I know this? I was in Florida when this hurricane affected this state. I had come from Nicaragua two weeks before Katrina's beginning. Watching the news, I knew about Katrina. I was very afraid because I had never seen the power of the wind. Uprooting a big tree, the wind amazed me. It happened in from of my eyes. I heard all the windows began to vibrate. I just kept praying all night long. Walking around the neighborhood, I saw the destruction the next morning. Thanking God, I saw the clear sky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thing that you was very scared and worried about your family, but you was very encourage for saw and talked about that, is a experience that you can share with survivor of other hurricanes. And when you will older talk to grandsons.

mahri said...

Thank goodness you made it safely to the end of the storm! I have never been in a tornado, hurricane, earthquake -- nothing more severe than a heavy show. I wonder sometimes if it would shake my belief that I am watched over, or if it would make it stronger? It sounds like it made you stronger, and you really *can* pass that along to your grandsons and daughters.

Anonymous said...

Daysi I think what this phenomenon are situations unpredictable and the people need to be prepared better than previous hurricanes,but this are of the naturals and the people never discover the magnitude of them. We can take care of others, together all time.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how is an hurricane but I know what is a tornado when was living in Iowa we lived that experiences but the tornado don't affect near just the alarms in the city was activated in many ocassions but the was scared for us. I think in how God is good with us. When we see all what happened after the storm and we are with life.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how is an hurricane but I know what is a tornado when was living in Iowa we lived that experiences but the tornado don't affect near just the alarms in the city was activated in many ocassions but the was scared for us. I think in how God is good with us. When we see all what happened after the storm and we are with life.

Anonymous said...

wow that was a good story. I dont know how that feel cause i live in colorado springs my whole life by reading this story i know how it feels in your eyes