Friday, November 9, 2007

My Friend is Gone

I work in a Nursing Home called Laurel Manor Care Center, and it belongs to the Volunteers of America. I really enjoy this job because it makes feel so useful, helping people who need me and making money at the same time, but there is also co-workers. Ten days ago one nurse told me that she was going to have a Stress test done at the hospital by the next Friday and she did it, but couple days after that somebody at work told me that she had to take another kind of test and the same day, and the doctors found out that she needed a open heart surgery. The surgery was done last Monday, and she did good the first 36 hrs. I really don't know what had happen, but yesterday a friend of mine call me and said to me by phone that my friend Judy had died. I'm still in shock, she was a very sweet lady, and she was only 52 years old. She left a 12 years old son. Although, I see people dying every day, I don't know why Judy's death has shock me too much. She is probably in a better place now in peace with no problems anymore. Things like this make me think that the live is very short and we never know where are you going to be tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is why it is important to tell those you love that you love them everyday. I hope your memories of Judy will full you with joy. Your writing was painful to read. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Anonymous said...

You are so right! We really don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, or even in the next few minutes.
Last week our car was hit by a speeding car, and though it was scary, we thankfully all walked away unhurt. For us this was an awakening that taught us to enjoy every moment we have with each other. I am so sorry for your loss; your friend was lucky to have known you, and that you are honoring her life through your writing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I think that your friend always be in your heart and your mind. And enjoy the life, because you only have one. Go forward.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. No one is promised another day, enjoy and love everyone everyday is a good lesson. Please take the time you need to grieve, cry and feel sad about losing your friend. Your words touched my heart. Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

sorry for your loss- I too work in a nursing home w/alzheimer/dementia residents and have done this for more years then I care to remember-also have worked in ICU an doe Hospice- the way I look at their passing was that it was time for them to go and they are free from pain and suffering-my grandmother had open heart surgery many years ago and came through surgery but the next day she passed and I think that her heart was not strong enough and it was her time to go-just remember that you met this person and enjoyed the time you had together-many blessings to you and the work you do-Arlene