Friday, April 18, 2008

The Best Gift I Ever Received Was.....

When I was 8 years old, I remember always walking with my mom to the market,but before we came to the market, we walked in front of a toy store, and it was there: a plush boy doll (muneco de peluche), color blue, for me it was huge, and I always said to my mom, "Let me look at the toy for a while." The toy was behind a big glass. My mom noticed that I wanted the toy, and then she asked me if I wanted it like a present for Reyes' Day. I told her "Yes."

I was very happy, but my mom bought me the toy before Reyes' Day, almost one month earlier. I don't remember why. She put the toy in front of my bed, my first idea was to grab it and play with it, but I preferred to wait until the big day. So it was a long, long month.

The Reyes' Day came and I played with my toy the whole day. Luckily, I took care of my toy and many years later my son and my daughter played with it. Now they are 16 and 14 years old. My mom still has my toy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first post, Clara. Very well-written, terrific story!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kirsten said...

I like your story - how in the world did you wait for a whole month before playing with the doll? I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

very good story